INEOS Manufacturing Deutschland GmbH
Identification of savings opportunities
At the INEOS plant in Cologne, we conducted an energy analysis in ten operating units. We identified and quantified optimization potentials in control, heating and refrigeration, among other things, via a baseline model using our EnEffCo® software.
INEOS is one of the world’s largest companies in the petrochemical industry, with around 22,000 employees at over 180 locations. Due to the considerable energy consumption at the Cologne site and the great complexity, INEOS in Cologne sought competent support in identifying further possibilities for energy savings through ÖKOTEC.
Solution and implementation
- Execution of the energy analyses with determination of energy saving potentials over approx. one year project duration
- Selected operating areas, e.g. cooling water system, tank farm, production of demineralised water, chemical raw materials
- Evaluation of data from process control engineering and from measurement campaigns with own equipment: flow rate, temperatures, heat quantities
- Targeted and demand-oriented support of several departments and contact persons by ÖKOTEC
- Identification and quantification of optimization potentials, among others via a baseline model with our software EnEffCo®.
- Modelling of cooling tower, pumps and system operation (thermohydraulic optimisation), including determination of potentials by adjusting flow temperature and pressure as well as hydraulic balancing
- Identification of usable waste heat sources and sinks in the megawatt range
- Optimization of further relevant parameters in supply and production
- Coordination of the results with those responsible for operations
- Saving potential costs: appr. two Mio. €/year
- Saving potential CO2: appr. 19.000 t/year