In cooperation with GUTcert and the registered organization German Corporate Initiative Energy Efficiency (DENEFF), ÖKOTEC publishes a guide that supports companies on their way to climate neutrality.
Collaboration is key
Energy efficiency networks
Business networks that facilitate collaborative activities and knowledge sharing are crucial for the attainment of climate action goals. In cooperation with the private sector, the German government hopes to establish up to 350 new business networks dedicated to energy efficiency and climate action by 2025. It is anticipated that such networks will trigger greenhouse gas savings of approximately 6 million tons per year.
ÖKOTEC has been networking companies in the field of energy efficiency for over twenty years
Moderator of Networks “Netzwerke Hanse” and “Nord-Ost”
“I have been organizing and moderating networks since 2006. I burn for this fulfilling task every day. Through networking, I encourage conversations, open doors to innovations and mobilize for more energy efficiency and climate protection.”
Business networks and their benefits
What is an energy efficiency network?
An energy efficiency network is a forum for the targeted exchange of knowledge and ideas that typically encompasses a dozen or so companies or sites. Participating organizations typically meet 3–4 times a year over a 3–4 year period. Are you interested in:
- Input on current and innovative topics?
- Energy-saving measures that have been implemented by players within your industry?
- Exchanging ideas with other professionals?
- Participating in on-site visits?
- Achieving greater visibility for your commitment to energy efficiency and climate action?
Energy-efficiency networks are ideal forums for professionals to share information on energy issues. They help companies to lower energy consumption, reduce carbon emissions, and meet the requirements of the ISO 50001 standard.
The Initiative for Energy Efficiency Networks was founded by leading industry associations at the end of 2014. In January 2021, as part of an alliance between the German government and industry associations, its mission was expanded to include climate action and clean energy, and it was renamed the Initiative for Energy Efficiency and Climate Protection Networks (IEEKN). The figure below shows the goals and activities of the IEEKN (© IEEKN).
Energy efficiency and climate protection networks
Bringing people together
Our networking activities
We have initiated over fifty business networks since our founding. We collaborate with a wide range of companies, industry associations, and other business forums, and offer a range of networking opportunities.
Interested in taking part?
We currently support 10 networks in the IEEKN, and additional networks are being planned. Participation in one of our networks typically involves the following elements:
- 3–4 network meetings per year over a period of 3–4 years
- Custom consulting and/or review meetings
- Determination of a savings target for the network
- Implementation of monitoring for the duration of the network
- Support for network activities and telephone-based support
Our networks at a glance
- Energy Efficiency Network Berlinplus
- Energy efficiency and climate protection network Hanse
- Energy efficiency and climate protection network Mitteldeutschland
- Energy efficiency and climate protection network Nord-Ost
- Energy efficiency and climate protection network DOW Stade
- bbs effizient – sponsoring association: German Federal Association for Building Materials, Stones and Soils (Bundesverband Baustoffe Steine Erden e.V.)
- Energy efficiency and climate protection network en2x – Sponsoring association: Fuels & Energy Business Association (Wirtschaftsverband Fuels & Energie)
- WVMplus – sponsoring association: German Metals Association (Wirtschaftsvereinigung Metalle e.V.)
- vero effizient – sponsoring : vero – the building materials association (vero – der baustoffverband)
- GKV energy efficiency and climate protection network – sponsoring association: German Association of the Plastics Converters (Gesamtverband der kunststoffverarbeitenden Industrie e.V.)
- BVE energy efficiency and climate protection network – sponsoring association: Federal Association of the German Food and Drink Industry within the framework of the climate protection campaign PlusPlus Principle (Bundesvereinigung der Deutschen Ernährungsindustrie e.V. )
Presentation and sponsoring association
Are you looking for an expert to present on technical topics?
Our team presents on various topics at networking events and professional gatherings over 60 times each year. Popular presentation topics include:
- Energy-efficiency metrics and mediating factors
- Climate action management and corporate carbon footprints
- Technical transformation strategies
- Heat pumps and storage solutions for heating and cooling
- Subsidies, regulatory changes, and the new government funding program for green transformation
Associations and organizations
Would you like to initiate and establish a network?
Do you work at an association or organization that would like to start an energy efficiency and climate action network? We are ready to provide targeted support for your initiative. Specifically, we can help you to design the network, contact potential participants, draft membership contracts, organize network events, and monitor network activities. We have managed networks for over 5 industry associations since 2015.
- Network design and partner integration
- Acquisition of participating companies; drafting of network membership contracts
- Organization and moderation of network events
- Implementation of consulting events and expert presentations; network goal determination and monitoring
- Communications and PR
Trailblazer in climate action
Award for ÖKOTEC Network Hanse
In the fall of 2020, the ÖKOTEC network Hanse was recognized as a “Pioneering Network for Climate Action” by the German Ministry of the Environment.
Energy efficiency networks have been an integral part of ÖKOTEC’s business since its beginnings over 22 years ago. Over 50 networks have been accompanied by our team of experts in various roles.
Eleven companies from Berlin, Brandenburg and Saxony-Anhalt implemented more than 190 energy-saving projects in the Berlin plus energy efficiency network over the last three years, reducing their CO2 emissions by around 22,000 t CO2.