Are you currently planning actions to decarbonize process heat generation or would you like to be a pioneer in carbon-neutral heat supply? A funded project aims to accelerate the use of energy-efficient, carbon-neutral process heat solutions.
Research project with DENEFF and Fraunhofer ISI
Research partners for carbon-neutral process heat
Are you currently planning actions to decarbonize process heat generation or would you like to be a pioneer in carbon-neutral heat supply? Together with DENEFF and Fraunhofer ISI, ÖKOTEC has launched the project WEIT: “Heat Efficiency through Industrial Transformation”. This funded project aims to drive the energy transition and accelerate the deployment of energy-efficient, carbon-neutral process heat solutions. The project is scheduled to start in early 2024, for a duration of three years.
What are the benefits for you as a research partner?
You save costs and minimize your risk during project implementation and ongoing operation. Our experienced energy efficiency experts will advise you on the analysis and regulation of your new system as part of the subsidized project.
- Support in the analysis of actions for decarbonization of process heat generation
- Creation of an Energy performance indicator and measurement concept for the evaluation of the technologies or systems used
- Provision of the Efficiency monitoring solution (EnEffCo®) to evaluate the benefits and the reliable (if necessary flexible) operation of the system for the specific application and over the project duration
- Monitoring of the implementation of the actions to increase cost efficiency
- Derivation of optimization potential to increase the system efficiency
Project structure – work packages and implementation period
Is my company suitable as a research partner?
You are eligible as an industry partner for the project if you meet at least three of the following criteria:
- Your company is planning actions to decarbonize process heat generation
- You are looking for support in implementing complex actions on existing or new systems
- You would like to have your new system monitored (piloting) in order to be able to extend its use to other sites/systems.
- You need meaningful key figures on the basis of which the benefit of the new system for your individual project can be proven.
- You plan to identify optimization opportunities during the first operational phase and implement them to increase cost efficiency
- You want to use digital technologies of optimization and analysis through proven Efficiency monitoring
- Your new system should be able to operate optimally with the electricity market
Participation as an industrial partner is envisaged via your financial contribution in the form of third-party funding.
Reliability and efficiency of process heat generation
The project was successfully submitted to the German government’s “Carbon neutral heating and cooling” funding call – companies and research institutions had previously been invited to compete for ideas on the best research projects to help accelerate the heat transition.
The aim of our research project is to analyze the reliability and efficiency of carbon-neutral process heat solutions in different load conditions and operating conditions using measurement technology over a longer period of time. The findings obtained from this will be incorporated into information materials in a generalized form, without being able to draw conclusions about processes.
ÖKOTEC as an experienced research partner
Our claim is to equip users and specialist departments in companies with forward-looking and digital solutions in order to be able to fully exploit ecological and economic potentials of energy efficiency and energy flexibility.
We have proven this in numerous research and development projects together with scientific institutions and partners from practice. A combination of technology, interdisciplinary know-how, creativity and committed personalities at ÖKOTEC leads us to success.
The project WEIT: “Heat Efficiency through Industrial Transformation” is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economics and Climate Protection (BMWK). In the project we cooperate with:
Are you interested in participating? We will be happy to advise you personally.
You might also be interested in
With the new “Climate Protection Contracts” (Klimaschutzverträge) funding program, the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action is supporting companies in the energy-intensive industries.
Energy-intensive and trade-intensive companies have been able to apply to the Federal Office of Economics and Export Control (BAFA). The goal is to support companies that are particularly hard hit by high energy prices.