Utility systems contractor and service provider
EWUS Effiziente Wärme- und Stromlieferung GmbH
Creation of a measurement and KPI system
EWUS GmbH has been using EnEffCo® at its Berlin site since 2016 with more than 3,000 license data points and is participating in the “Einsparzähler” (ESZ) funding program of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Energy.
Founded in 2014, EWUS GmbH offers a range of energy solutions, including energy system installation and optimization services. EWUS was looking for an intelligent software solution that would allow it to manage and comprehensively analyze heating system efficiency, including individual components (boilers, burners, pumps, heating circuits, etc.), in order to determine savings potential.
- In addition to implementing the EnEffCo® monitoring solution, ÖKOTEC developed a custom measurement and KPI system that takes site-specific factors into account.
- A metering system was installed at each of the customer’s centralized heating facilities.
- These metering systems were then integrated into the EnEffCo® solution in order to track and monitor natural gas, heat, and electricity consumption.
- ÖKOTEC developed guidance documentation on energy saving measures, including measures for optimizing the efficiency small, medium, and large heating facilities.
- Energy management and energy efficiency: Monitoring of natural gas, heat, and electricity metering data, enabling system efficiency to be assessed.
- Savings: Automated diagnosis for the rapid and simple identification of inefficiencies. The measures recommended by this diagnosis produce energy savings of 5–8 %, without the need for investment in new systems technology.
- Data visualization: Dashboards that are customized to specific customer groups and which provide highly informative charts concerning consumption, usage, and system efficiency.