Commercial Laundry Services
City Clean GmbH & Co. KG
Benchmarking and energy management
At its site in Berlin Bötzow, City Clean GmbH & Co. KG has been using EnEffCo® at more than 350 license data points since 2016 and was an application partner in the BMU project on energy performance indicators “EnPl-Connect”.
City Clean has been providing commercial laundry services for over 40 years. As a DIN EN ISO 50001 certified company, City Clean was looking for a software solution that would enable it to continually improve the energy efficiency of its business operations. Two specific goals were to implement efficiency benchmarks for its drying facilities, as well as to monitor and manage energy consumption in its vehicle fleet.
- EnEffCo® enables high-resolution management and the identification of further potential for energy savings.
- EnEffCo® enables the real-time monitoring of systems and the automatic evaluation of energy consumption and KPIs.
- Using the software’s statistical functions, City Clean was able to determine how natural gas consumption at drying facilities varied in relation to number and type of floor mats.
- The burner switch on of one drying systems was subsequently optimized, reducing peak-load energy demand by over 40 %.
Facts and Benefits
- Energy management and energy efficiency: Fulfillment of all requirements for a certified energy management system, especially data transparency for all utilities using KPIs; energetic evaluation
- Savings: Optimized energy usage; monitoring the success of
- Management & Compliance: Assurance of compliance with the ISO 50001 standard as well as reporting and measures management.
- Sustainability: Energy and environmentally relevant and transparent KPIs as well as precise data for reports.