Consultant Energy Markets (m/f/d)
Become part of our team and help shape energy transition and climate protection
For more than 20 years, ÖKOTEC, with today 61 employees, has stood for intelligent solutions to reduce energy and resource consumption for industrial and commercial companies. With our business activities, we make a significant contribution to limiting global climate change, to the success of the energy transition and to the decarbonization of economic activity. We support our customers with various consulting services and with our inhouse-developed software solution EnEffCo® to develop and implement their climate protection goals. With our qualified and dedicated team, we achieve high customer satisfaction and dynamic growth, since 2016 jointly with our main shareholder Veolia.
Energy Markets is a fast-growing area in our company that deals with software-based analytics and system optimization for the deployment of innovative low-CO2 technologies and the integration of renewable energies at industrial and commercial customers. We evaluate and optimize generation plants, storage facilities and flexible consumption devices and map the relevant marketing and control processes.
In particular, we are now looking for reinforcement to work on a multi-year R&D project with industry partners on the digitalization of efficiency measures. We understand efficiency not only as a local task, but also as a general measure for increasing resource efficiency through integration with energy and electricity markets.
What the role entails
- Handling of application-oriented projects with a focus on operational and deployment optimization in a national and international context
- Projects for the strategic alignment of companies on the path to decarbonization
- Projects for the implementation of flexible operation strategies of industrial and commercial plants
- Support of projects for software-based energy controlling
- Further development of methods, solution approaches and products
What we are looking for
- Completed studies (diploma, master’s degree) in the field of engineering, IT or economics
- Sound technical knowledge in the designated field of responsibility
- Expertise in topics such as energy and climate policy frameworks and energy markets
- Good knowledge of statistics and optimization environments
- Programming skills are desirable (e.g. Python or C#), but in any case strong IT affinity
- Target-oriented working style, economic thinking and customer orientation
- Strong communication, teamwork and project management skills
- Very good German and English skills
What we offer
- An exciting job within the field of energy transition in a future-proof industry
- Working in an international team with flat hierarchies
- Attractive training and development opportunities
- Additional salary elements
- Team and sports events as well as health care (massages) at the workplace
- Modern workplace with a view over Berlin on the EUREF campus (close to the S-Bahn Südkreuz and Schöneberg)
We look forward to receiving your application, stating your salary requirements and earliest possible starting date.
Do you have any questions? We are happy to help you.
ÖKOTEC Energiemanagement GmbH
EUREF-Campus, Haus 13
Torgauer Straße 12-15